Sunday, November 06, 2005

Koh Samed

Just checking in. Spent the last 5/6 days on Koh Samet island; swimming, eating, drinking and sleeping, was hard work. Now I'm back in Bangkok, tanned & rested waiting for Tony to arrive. Not too many stories from the last few days, made a few friends: a Thai guy who has been living in the Netherlands for the last 10 years and a couple of German girls and some guys from Sweden and Ireland. The Thai guy was cool (I think he was after my ass though!) showed me some of the secluded beaches on the island and took me one day to a Buddhist celebration on the mainland. It was to celeberate the end of a 3 month period in which the monk's do not leave the temple, all Thai buddhists do it when they turn 20. Everyone gets together and cooks a shitload of food, which you can walk around and eat for free. Then afterwards they all head to the top of the mountain where there are some impressive shrines and join in in group prayers/chants. I tried to do it but it was a bit boring as I didnt know what they were saying. Otherwise I just layed low and relaxed, starting to get the hang of this whole travelling thing. Got some photos for this and the last update. Peace.


Monk's chowing down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home