Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Goodbye Vietnam...

Hello all, I am alive and well. Been super busy since last post. I had to cut my Vietnamese explorations short to and head back to Saigon to sort out a visa for this Korean job. Luckily it all worked out and I had a good week in Ho Chi Minh city in the meanwhile.

After my parents left, I befriended several locals who showed me a nice time. I enjoyed the company of some top people (3 girls, 1 guy) whom I met in Dalat who took care of me; taking me out to restaurants, cafes, and sightseeing. Went to the Cu Chi Tunnels which is where the Viet Cong made an underground network of bunkers and rooms where they lived and took down the Yanks. The highlight for me was shooting my first gun on the rifle range. It was an M-14 rifle and I managed to hit the bullseye on the target 100 meters away (after a few shots). Guns are real f**king loud! The kick into your shoulder isn't as bad as you'd think. Also shooting guns makes you feel like a real man; not that I don't normally. It would have made me feel like more of a man if it was possible. It was great hanging out with my new friends and if you are reading this right now, thank you very much.

I also spent a little time in the afternoons with the girls who work at the "massage" parlour out the front of my hotel. They were cool chicks who let me sit around with them when I was bored. They were never busy and just sat around in the alley all day and night. I must admit I enjoyed the attention of a big group of girls in uniforms and short skirts. It turns out that their jobs do not warrant the inverted commas that I used. Their work place only does foot massages... which is proabably why it's never busy. Also right near my hotel was an internet cafe which had some nice girls working there. They took me out for coffee one night and to a club on christmas night... they were a little bit cute too which was nice.

I also got some pimp clothes made. Eventually I chose a material with pink pinstripes for my suit. It sounds gay but looks pretty sharp. I wanted blue pinstripes they were out of stock. All up I got a suit, a shirt, 2 ties and 2 cardigans (You got a problem with cardigans?). All tailor made which sounds great but the materials and the quality could be better... but for $120 USD for everything it's to be expected.

I think I know Saigon quite well now and having Vietnamese blood I think I have a certain connection to the people. I could easily live here one day but at this point I want to be somewhere more exciting and fast paced. It's real nice here and nice is great, but I want to be somewhere that more crazy shit happens. Hopefully Japan will be all I'm hoping for. But first I'll be taking a 4-week detour to South Korea. Why? Because I can. Isn't that great? God bless the English language.

Take it easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home