Saturday, March 04, 2006

FINALLY... employment!!! A purpose in society!!!

Ahh yes, unemployment is a thing of the past now thank god. No more of the self-doubting, anxiety, endless hours to fill with minimal activity. I got a job with a big company over here called NOVA. They have a bad reputation, but I think that it is exaggerated. It will be fine, and even if it's not it beats unemployment.

Being on a Working Holiday Visa means that I only work 20 hours a week, 5-9pm each day, which gives me enough money to get by... but I want more. So I'm doing interviews to find a part-time day job as well. Which shouldn't be too demanding (I was doing 48 hours a week in Korea no problems) and should be very rewarding both spiritually and financially. In all likelyhood during the day it will be children and adults in the evening at NOVA.

So to reward myself I'm going to take a trip back to Thailand and visit Laos this time around. Cause my contract doesn't start till the end of March and I still have a plane ticket from Bangkok to Japan that I haven't used. Also it's cheaper and hotter down there: so why not eh? I could use some sun after winters in Korea and Japan. My tan is a distant memory as are beautiful beaches.

Here are a few odd photos and videos from around Tokyo:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Tran said...

miss you too jini!

im sure it does, make some money and come meet me somewhere.

7:42 pm  
Blogger ricky_pops said...

Yo Chopstick!!!

I am looking at heading over sometime around the 20th, so please let me know what the plans are for your pad... Also get me some directions so that I am not super lost when I arrive. I gotta run but stay well and watch out for those lady boys! PEACE

Rick

1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home