Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tokyo Design Festa


Freaky performance shit from the Design Festa 2006

Today I went to the annual Tokyo Design Festa which is one minor example of the things I would never get to see back home. Basically it's a giant festival for artists, dj's, designers, performers, musicians, or whoever to set up a stand and show their stuff. Heaps of neat original stuff to buy; so I walked home with a hand drawn design shirt, some watercolour bookmarks, a mini-artwork badge, and an electric candle that flickers and everything! It was a friggin' massive event, hundreds of stalls and performers, thousands of patrons, and as you can imagine plenty of freaks.

There was a great consistency of quality throughout the event, some very talented people, some hilarious performers; such a sensory-overload packed into a weekend. I took a few photos, but naturally the batteries died very early on in the day so unfortunately I can't show you all of the really cool stuff that was there.

I shall soon be a very busy boy because next week I am starting a second job teaching at a junior high school three days a week. I am a little anxious about it cause I have never taught a class this size before (30-40 kids) or been an assistant before. The job is reffered to as an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) position but I do not know anyone who has tried it. At the very least it should be quite interesting; I hope it turns out well. I have also been busy getting to know some lovely Japanese ladies, but you'll have to get on skype and talk to me for details. Later....!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Tran said...

It was the bomb, you should've come.

Im sure the job'll be fine. Im just a bit nervous. 40 kids means 80 eyeballs & 80 ears listening to me.

I'll think about the rafting, depends on the mrs.

10:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home